Recipe of the Month
White Gazpacho from Chef Gabriel Sanchez Luz of Farmhouse, Needham, MA
- 4 thick slices stale bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups vegetable stock, heated
- 8 garlic cloves
- 8 cups blanched slivered almonds
- 10 English cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 4 pound seedless white grapes
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- Sliced grapes for garnish
- Finely chopped almonds for garnish
In a blender, combine stale bread and heated stock. Let sit until bread absorbs stock. Add garlic and almonds, puree until smooth paste forms. Add cucumbers and puree. Add grapes and puree. Season with salt and pepper. Add vinegar and oil. Puree until smooth.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Ladle into bowls and drizzle with additional olive oil. Garnish with grape slices and chopped almonds.
Yields 20 servings
Share this page