Liver Cancer Awareness Month 2018
Tom Nealon, ALF President/CEO and Ghassan Abou-Alfa, MD of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center were interviewed about Liver Cancer Awareness Month for the radio program KTU Cares in New York City.
Listen to the ALF Liver Cancer Awareness Public Service Announcement airing on iHeart Radio stations in New York City, Texas and Los Angeles.
It’s October, and that means it’s Liver Cancer Awareness Month! Once again, the American Liver Foundation has partnered with Bayer and Gilead for a public awareness campaign. The efforts aim to encourage people who are at risk of liver cancer to follow up with their doctors and get proper ongoing screening for this, one of the deadliest, forms of cancer. It’s also one of the few types of cancer that’s on the rise. This year, we’ll also be focusing on the connection between other types of liver disease and liver cancer, and the importance of early detection.
Follow the campaign on social media through the month of October. Look for daily updates on our Facebook Page, or find us on Twitter where we are using the hashtag #LCAM2018 to discuss the topic. If you see one of our “Are You at Risk” signs, we encourage you to tag us on Twitter (@liverUSA) or Instagram (@americanliver) and post the image for everyone to see!
Scroll down to Learn, Connect and Take Action!
Look for updates to this page throughout the month of October!
Call our Helpline: Our Liver Helpline Staff is here to help! Give us a call at 1-800-GO-LIVER (1-800-465-4837). We’re open 9am-7pm ET, Monday through Friday. You can always open the chat feature at the bottom of the page and submit a question or request a call back!
- Join our mailing list for exclusive news, announcement, and more!
Sign up for our 10/30 Webinar. With support from Exelixis, this presentation, this webinar will feature a panel of liver cancer experts from The California Pacific Medical Center who work on the front lines of liver cancer every day and a patient who will share his own experience after being diagnosed with liver cancer. Each speaker will be able to offer a unique perspective and insight into the liver cancer patient journey.
- Jennifer Guy, MD, MAS, Hepatologist, Director of Liver Cancer Program, California Pacific Medical Center
- Ari Baron, MD, Chief Divison of Hematology-Oncology, California Pacific Medical Center
- Ricky Tong, MD, Interventional Radiologist, California Pacific Medical Center
- Jessica Stuhl, LCSW, Cancer Social Worker, Califronia Pacific Medical Center
- Richard Shapiro, Patient
Register today at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3071636758854826241
- Change your profile and get creative with our graphics on Facebook! To temporarily change your profile picture, simply click “Update Profile Picture”- then “Add Frame” and search for “liver cancer”. To create your own graphic with all kinds of cool effects, click here, then send yourself a notification to your phone and get started!
- Are you a caregiver or family member of someone with liver cancer?The American Liver Foundation understands that there are unique challenges and unmet needs of caregivers and family members of liver cancer patients and we want to hear about your experiences so that we are able to address these unmet needs with future programs and caregiver resources.Click here to complete a Liver Cancer Caregiver Survey: Thanks for your help!
- Download our new Liver Cancer Awareness Month Toolkit
Share this page