- This event has passed.
Preparing for Your Liver Transplantation
Marti Hoar, RN, MSN, CCTC
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Susan Ventura, PT, MEd, PhD
Did you know that liver transplantation is the second most common form of organ transplantation performed in the United States*? We know preparing for your liver transplant can be an overwhelming process with many difficult decisions to be made along the way.
Join us in our office on Thursday, April 26th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. for a discussion on Preparing for your Transplant. The discussion will be led by Marti Hoar, RN, MSN, CCTC; she will be joined by a liver transplant recipient, Dr. Susan Ventura, PT, MEd, PhD, who will share her own perspective on preparing for transplant.
Marti Hoar coordinates pre-transplant care and listing on the national waiting list for patients awaiting liver transplant at Massachusetts General Hospital. She provides patient education and support through the listing process. Susan Ventura was originally listed for a liver transplant in February 2013; she received a liver transplant on May 1, 2014 at Massachusetts General Hospital. She is a Physical Therapist and professor at Northeastern University.
- Lectures held at the American Liver Foundation Office: 188 Needham Street, Suite 240, Newton, MA 02464
- Remote Attendance Available, RSVP to Lindsay Ventura for more details
- 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Free for patients, caregivers, and medical professionals
- RSVP by phone or e-mail to Lindsay Ventura (617)527-5600 LVentura@Liverfoundation.org
- Food and beverage provided