- This event has passed.
How Do Medications Affect My Liver?
Did you know every medicine, vitamin, supplement that you take passes through the liver, including:
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Prescription medicines
- Dietary supplements
- Alternative medicines
Your liver is responsible for processing all of these substances. It is important to understand exactly how you should be taking your medications in order to avoid putting undue stress on your liver.
Join us in our office on Thursday, October 25th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. to hear Karen Poliskey, PharmD, RPh, AAHIVP discuss How Do Medications Affect My Liver?
Karen is a health system manager at a Walgreens Local Specialty Pharmacy. She oversees the Community Pharmacy Residency Program, helping pharmacy students become better practitioners and understand a community pharmacy setting. Pharmacists are responsible for the quality of the medicine being dispensed to patients, ensuring the medication prescribed to the patient is suitable, advising patients about medicines, how to take them, what reactions may occur, and answer any patient questions. Pharmacists are also able to respond to patient symptoms and advise on medications for sale in the pharmacy over the counter (without a prescription).
- Lectures held at the American Liver Foundation Office: 188 Needham Street, Suite 240, Newton, MA 02464
- Remote Attendance Available, RSVP to Lindsay Ventura for more details
- 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Free for patients, caregivers, and medical professionals
- RSVP by phone or e-mail to Lindsay Ventura (617) 527-5600 LVentura@Liverfoundation.org
- Food and beverage provided