- This event has passed.
Alcohol and the Liver
Dr. Raza Malik, MD, PhD
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
The one thing most people know about the liver is that it is in charge of processing alcohol. Have you ever wondered how much is too much? Alcohol is the 3rd leading preventable cause of death in the United States, resulting in an estimated 88,000 people dying annually from alcohol-related causes*. It can be hard to know what moderate drinking is versus heavy or binge drinking. Join us to learn more about Alcohol and the Liver so you can help keep your liver healthy and make more informed choices.
Join us in our office on Thursday, March 22nd from 6:30-8:00 p.m. to learn more about Alcohol and the Liver from Dr. Raza Malik, MD, PhD of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Dr. Raza Malik is the director of the liver failure program at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. His clinical interests include acute liver failure and liver transplantation.
Sponsored by Vital Therapies
- Lectures held at the American Liver Foundation Office: 188 Needham Street, Suite 240, Newton, MA 02464
- Remote Attendance Available, RSVP to Lindsay Ventura for more details
- 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Free for patients, caregivers, and medical professionals
- RSVP by phone or e-mail to Lindsay Ventura (617)527-5600 LVentura@Liverfoundation.org
- Food and beverage provided