Dr. Ghassan K. Abou-Alfa, MD
American Liver Foundation Medical Advisory Committee Member
I am a board-certified medical oncologist who treats patients with gastrointestinal cancers. My specialization is in primary liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma), pancreas, gallbladder, and bile duct tumors. As part of a multidisciplinary group, my colleagues and I offer patients a team approach to treating these cancers.
My research focuses on improving the effectiveness of cancer therapy by incorporating small novel biological molecules that target cancer into the treatment of chemotherapy-resistant gastrointestinal malignancies, particularly hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancers.
- Clinical Expertise: Gastrointestinal Oncology; Pancreas, Gall Bladder, and Bile Duct Tumors; Primary Liver Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, American University of Beirut
- Residencies: Yale University School of Medicine
- Fellowships: Yale University School of Medicine
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Share this page