Digital Engagement Coordinator
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation’s leading non-profit organization dedicated to liver health and disease prevention. ALF promotes education, advocacy, support services and research for the prevention, treatment and cure of liver disease.
Serve as an important part of the digital communications team, handling all aspects of ALF messaging and social media campaigns.
Partner closely with national staff colleagues in program, development, events and stakeholder engagement to ensure successful execution of activities.
Recognizing that collaboration with the development department is of utmost importance to ensure ALF’s success, assist in identifying potential fundraising relationships while working closely with development colleagues.
This position reports to the National Director, Digital Engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a contributing member of ALF’s National Leadership Team.
- Support and interact with the liver community; engage in regular messaging efforts.
- Engage key supporters – “brand ambassadors” – to be more active and amplify the ALF voice.
- Create, schedule, and respond to posts on ALF social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Write and post blog posts/tweets/updates.
- Assist in day-to-day monitoring of all accounts.
- Reply to comments and messages on all platforms.
- Assist in maintaining YouTube channel.
- Edit and upload information on web pages.
- Formulate and implement short-term and long-term digital strategy and social media plans.
- Track the growth and impact of social media on ALF.
- Create campaign reports, monthly and quarterly summary reports.
- Track and monitor campaigns and deliverables.
- Collaborate with other national departments.
- Assist with Google ad integration and consultants.
- Stay current with the latest innovations and new software.
- Explore new and evolving social media platforms for incorporation into ALF’s efforts.
- Interact with supporters throughout the entire week, including nights and weekends when necessary.
- Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self-improvement.
- Prepare periodic progress reports as assigned.
- Attend ALF meetings, programs and events as required.
- All other duties as required.
No direct reports.
Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in education, training and experience.
Multi-lingual and/or the ability to write/speak in Spanish a plus.
- 1-3 years related work experience.
- Experience with social media on both a personal and professional level.
- Experience with event promotion and the advancement of awareness/educational content is highly recommended.
- Ability to be creative.
- Compassion and the desire to help others is a must.
- Ability to work in collaboration with multiple departments to achieve organizational objectives and success; team player.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail and quality of work product.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to generate content, quick adaptation and turnaround on initiatives.
- Excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Understanding Social Media advertising concepts, a plus
- Knowledge of Canva, Basecamp and Sprout Social platforms, a plus.
- Prior experience in a health-related advocacy organization, a plus
- Basic desktop publishing competence.
- Familiarity with content management systems (especially WordPress); SEO principles are preferred.
- Video editing skills, a plus.
- Ability to work remotely under minimal supervision.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends. This is a remote, full-time position.
The American Liver Foundation is committed to involving every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and takes all necessary steps to demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.
Please send your resume, along with salary requirements and cover letter to HR@liverfoundation.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Share this page