“How To” Instructions
- Make sure you’re logged into Facebook.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/fund/liverinfo/
- Decide on the amount, type of currency, and end date of your campaign- (most campaigns have a fundraising goal from $200 – $500, and most campaigns are active between two to four weeks).
- Hit “Next” -then choose a title and tell your story.
- Hit “Next” again- then choose a cover photo or video. If you don’t choose one, it will default to the picture shown as the current ALF cover image.
Your FB Fundraiser has been created! Now:
- Invite friends or other members of a group that you are part of to donate. Encourage friends and family to promote your fundraiser to their group of friends on their Facebook page.
- Your fundraiser dashboard is now available to you on your personal home screen or on the left column under “Fundraisers.” From this dashboard, you’re able to:
- Invite others to view your campaign
- Share your fundraiser as a post
- See how many people have donated to your campaign
- Edit the campaign
- Add other organizers to your campaign, and even
- Pledge to match donations with other contributors to your campaign
- Currently, Facebook does not charge a fee to process a donation, so 100% of all amounts raised go to ALF
- While “Birthday” fundraisers are the most popular (and Facebook starts to remind users that the feature is available one month prior to the day), a fundraiser can be created at any time, for any reason
- Facebook Fundraisers are visible and searchable to the public
- Explore button allows a user to search existing fundraisers, by keyword
- Manage button takes user to tips and helpful suggestions