Berry Banana Oat Smoothie
I’m particularly fond of adding oats to smoothies, perhaps because they’re such a beloved mainstay in my breakfasts anyway, or because I’m pretty convinced that the soluble fiber in them helps to keep me very full indeed, or because they contribute a lovely thickness to smoothie blends without making them overly heavy (which is what can happen when you go a little too far with the nut butters or flax meal).
This smoothie features a few of my favorite smoothie enhancers, including some chia, some peanut butter, and some rolled oats. Combined with fruit and almond milk, this is a simple blend, but it’s one that tastes amazing and is almost guaranteed to help keep you satisfied. – Gena Hamshaw
- 1 peeled, ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups frozen berries of your choice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups almond or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a powerful blender and blend till smooth. I prefer a very thick smoothie, but if the texture is too thick for your liking, add extra non-dairy milk and continue pulsing the mixture in the blender until it has reached a desired consistency.
Share this page