Welcome to the American Liver Foundation Northern California Division. ALF’s mission is to facilitate, advocate, and promote education, support, and research for the prevention, treatment, and cure of liver disease.
Thirty million Americans, or 1 in 10, are personally affected by nearly 100 types of liver disease. You can inherit liver disease or develop it later on in life. It does not discriminate; it affects individuals without any consideration of age, gender, ethnicity, or socioeconomic background. A diagnosis of liver disease can be overwhelming and frightening, but we can help. We have a wide variety of information and educational programs to support you, your family, and your community.
We also have a wide variety of events and programs that happen throughout the year where you can get involved and contribute financially to the growth of our programs. Our fundraising events include but are not limited to:
- Liver Life Walk—Form a team with your family, friends, and coworkers, and join us at one of our many Walk events. It’s a family-friendly event that brings awareness and raises important funds to support our programs.
- Salute to Excellence Gala—This business attire event salutes those who have made an outstanding contribution to biotechnology and medical innovation. The Salute has been held annually in San Francisco since 1999 and to date has raised nearly $4.8 million dollars to benefit the American Liver Foundation.
Your support of our division will help the American Liver Foundation provide:
- Support for vital research that will expand knowledge of the liver and its diseases and secure more effective measures to prevent, treat, and cure them
- Support groups for patients and families affected by liver diseases
- Organ donor awareness campaigns Administration for a transplant fund assisting individuals who are raising funds and managing their money with the goal of saving for a liver transplant
- Information for patients and their families, physicians and other healthcare professionals, and the general public Information to legislators about the urgent need for more research and education
- Up-to-date information for physicians about diagnosing and treating liver diseases