The American Liver Foundation is a volunteer driven organization that relies on volunteers to help promote the mission. There are many unique and exciting ways you can help promote liver wellness. Please call the office toll free (CA/NV) at 800.292.9099 or email us at email@example.com.
The northern California division works to raise money through special fundraising events, private contributions and foundations which support the promotion of liver wellness education and information for patients, the public and medical providers and to additionally support our national research agenda. More than $3M in research funding has been awarded to our local medical centers.Volunteer Today!
WORKPLACE: Education & Outreach
- Obtain 15 minutes of a regularly scheduled employee meeting for ALF to present a Liver Wellness Update to the employee base. (greater bay area)
- Be a company Team Captain for the Liver LIFE Walks.
- Research and assist in securing financial sponsorship and/or matching gifts to support education and research initiatives through your company.
- Provide information about liver wellness for your company’s health and wellness center, internal employee newsletter, payroll stuffer and/or online publication.
- Staff an ALF information table at your company health fair or at a wellness event.
GENERAL: Education & Outreach
- Staff a health exposition: promote awareness and on-site health screenings.
- Assist in procuring ALF media opportunities for PSA/public service announcements.
- Assist with ALF patient updates/conferences on liver wellness and organ donation in your area.
- Promote Liver Wellness or event public service announcements through Radio/TV (information provided)
- Present a Liver Wellness Training at your child’s school, community center or place of worship.
- Write personal story for the chapter newsletter and/or website.
- Take local/regional legislative/advocacy meeting with the ALF staff and tell your story.
FUNDRAISING SPECIAL EVENTS
Lend your, time talent or expertise to one of our fundraising events: Salute To Excellence, Liver LIFE Walks, the Liver LIFE Team Challenge Marathon, Flavors Culinary Gala and the Liver LIFE Challenge Climb. From marketing and promotion to sponsorship and in-kind development (food/beverages) to auction procurement, to day of event logistics-there are many opportunities that are required to fulfill an ambitious fundraising plan. Please visit our Events page for more information about each event!
DIVISION Office in San Francisco (BART-Powell Street)
- Assist with database entry, large mailings and gift processing.
Please call the office toll free (CA/NV) at 800.292.9099 to learn how you can easily make a difference. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.